The hydraulic mechanism of a tipper trailer saves you time and money by letting you drop the load on a side of the trailer in a couple of minutes. These trailers are most suitable for transporting bulk materials, but they are also ideal for work on the job site, around the home or on the farm.
Choosing the best tipper trailer depends on your needs but, in general, these are the points you should check/look for:
- Heavy duty chassis – choose tandem axes for extra heavy loads
- Solid floor – checker plate is a good choice
- Adjustable sides with utility corner posts to extend the height of the sides
- Hydraulic ram – check the lifting capacity to make sure it’s enough for your needs.
- Minimum tilt angle and maximum tilt angle
- Power plant and hydraulic fluid reservoir – fully self-contained, closed in a solid toolbox
- Safety isolation switch
- Remote hand controller
- Drawbar – check the length
- Heavy duty latches to lock the body
- Heavy duty tie rails are an asset
- Rear cross member is an asset
- Removable tailgate
- Tyres – check if they are new/not used
- Swivel Jockey Wheel
- Accessories such as cages, lids, ladder racks and spare wheels – check if they come with the trailer.
See your full list of options on our tipper trailer page.