Plant trailers are used commercially to transport ultra heavy duty equipment and machinery so it is essential they are reliable and functional.
The key points that you should check before choosing a plant trailer that is best for you include:
- Suspension – the load sharing Rocker Roller suspension that we install in our plant trailers is designed to carry ultra heavy loads.
- Floor – we recommend pre- galvanised checker plate floor.
- Body – choose pre-galvanised sheet construction for long life and low maintenance.
- Usable deck space – make sure it’s enough for your needs.
- Long, adjustable rear loading ramps.
- Carrying capacity – make sure you won’t exceed the GVM limits.
- Multiple chain-off and tie down points – they make it easier to secure the load.
- Lights – LED combination lights are highly visible and low maintenance.
- Draw bar – check the length.
- Jockey wheel.
- 2000 ATM running gear.
- Mechanical override brakes.
- Quick-release coupling with handbrake.
- Gusseted mudguards with mudflaps.
- New rims and tires + spare tyres carrier(s).
See your full list of options on our Plant trailers page.